Monday 10 February 2020

This World Is Too Much

Last year I discovered the debut 7" by Restraining Order (about a year after it came out), so I was excited for their full length, 'This World Is Too Much'. It came out at the end of October last year, and I finally got around to listening to it just before xmas. And now I have myself a vinyl copy.

Straight off the bat I'm impressed because 1) the cover is rad, and 2) the singer is wearing a Double-O shirt.

The white vinyl was exclusive to New Age Records and is limited to 200. There were 3 other colours available from the label that released this record, Triple B, but at this point it's completely sold out, unless you fancy paying $10 for a digital download.

I have to say, I am now kicking myself for not listening to this more last year, as it should definitely have been in my 'best of' list, because fuck me this is good. Why is this so good? Well, I think it's simply that this band has more of a 'punk' element. A lot of Triple B bands are definitely 'hardcore', or 'metal', but Restraining Order are definitely to be found sitting on the 'hardcore punk' shelf. Even though 'hardcore' was always just an abbreviation for 'hardcore punk', it definitely feels like a lot of bands these days have zero punk element to them. But Restraining Order really bring it. The whole record is done in 15 minutes. Only 2 of the 12 songs on this LP clock in at over 2 minutes, and 4 of them run for less than 60 seconds.

I hope I somehow get to see this band play at some point. I bet their live show is a lot of fun.

No comments: