Saturday 15 February 2020

Rejects

Swiz was one of the first hardcore bands I got into, and as such they have always held a special place in my heart. I picked up one copy of each of their records pretty early in my hardcore career, and as the years have rolled on I have picked up additional copies of some of them so that I can continue to experience the joy of owning more Swiz records. I was stoked to pick up an unplayed white vinyl copy of the 'Rejects' 7" way back in 2008, and twelve years later I'm every bit as stoked to add a test press of the same record to my collection.

The 'Rejects' 7" contains two songs that were recorded at the same time as the songs that were released on the band's first record, the 'Down' 7". For whatever reason, they were not included on that 7". But then these additional two songs were released as a 7" in their own right 6 years later on a different label (THD Records) after the band broke up.

There were 3000 copies of this 7" pressed on green vinyl, and only 100 on white vinyl. There were also only 3 test pressings. I know this because I bought this direct from the guy who used to run the label. I guess it was one of those 'right place right time' moments.

It's actually very rare for me to have a 'complete' collection of anything, so I thought I'd celebrate this event with a photo. There's only 3 records, so it was pretty quick to put together.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That is a great group photo!