Wednesday 26 February 2020

Orange Transmission

One of my favourite releases from last year was Cave In's 'Final Transmission' LP. When it came out I missed the most limited colour (yellow) as it sold out at pre-order stage. I didn't place an order due to high postage costs, and ended up buying two colours of the LP when I saw the band play live.

Well, I still didn't manage to track down a yellow vinyl copy, but a few weeks ago I got an email telling me that Deathwish Inc. had set up a Cave In online store, so I followed the link and found an orange vinyl copy for sale. So I grabbed one quick.

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with this one, but I think it is a colour that was pressed for some tour or other. I first noticed it when one popped up on eBay being sold by some flipper who claimed it was a tour press, and who was kindly giving people the chance to own it for the very reasonable buy it now price of $99.99. No way was I paying that much, so I figured that I would probably have to wait about three years to get one at a fair price, so it was nice to have the chance to pick one up for new release price.

Hopefully a yellow will appear in the not too distant future so that I can feel complete.

No comments: