Tuesday 11 November 2014

Count Your Blessings

My favourite record of 2012 was the Gypsy 'Giant's Despair' LP. So when Dave from Six Feet Under Records put a notice up on instagram a couple of months ago to say that he needed to raise some money, and invited offers for SFU Records rarities, there was only one record I was interested in. A Gypsy LP test press. Et voilĂ !

I think (but am not 100% sure) that the baby on the cover is Dave's daughter. And according to the SFU Discography, there are only 16 of these tests. I had to look this up because, rather surprisingly in this day and age, this is not numbered. And just like the regular version of the LP, there is no text anywhere on the cover. The only way to tell what this record this is is to check the labels.

The back of the sleeve is plain. It doesn't make for a great photo, but I figured you'd want to see it regardless.

I'm pretty stoked to have this test, especially as it's on colour vinyl and has a special sleeve. In theory I should be happy, right? But the thing is that when this LP came out, I figured that one copy was enough, whereas now that I have picked up a test, a part of me wants the other colours too. #neversatisfied

2 comments:

Mike said...

I have one copy of this, and it is very tempting to try and collect more. This test looks amazing.

J@screamingforrecords said...

Great record! Great pick up Marcus!