Sunday 2 December 2012

Rev Repress Catch Up (Again)

I hadn't ordered any Revelation represses for quite a while. I guess it was starting to piss me off with new records being repressed on a weekly basis. To be honest, I realised that I just didn't want to spend the money. Well, that was until I saw the Chain LP on white sell out. Then I started to panic that I wouldn't be able to get them and would have to resort to eBay. So I grabbed the white Chain LP from a distro in the UK, and then ordered all the others I was missing from RevHQ. They showed up this week in a massively over-sized box.

Once again, I couldn't be bothered to photograph them all individually, so laid them out for a group shot. Here's what's included:

Side By Side 'You're Only Young Once' LP - Red vinyl

Chain Of Strength 'The One Thing That Still Holds True' LP - Clear vinyl

Farside 'Rochambeau' LP - Green vinyl

Ignite 'Call On My Brothers' LP - Gold vinyl

V/A 'Rev 25 NYC' LP - Clear vinyl

Down To Nothing 'Unbreakable' LP - Purple vinyl

Texas Is The Reason 's/t' 7" - Orange vinyl

Quicksand 's/t' 7" - Red vinyl

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about these things. It's a mix of thoughts & emotions. On the one hand, the rate at which they are cranking these things out is starting to irritate me, and I hope they don't do any more. But on the other hand, I still get the same feeling of excitement from receiving Rev colour vinyl records in the mail, especially brand new ones sealed in shrink wrap. I just have to wonder how many of these they could potentially make before I decided to not buy them.

I gotta say though, I'm looking forward to the Rival Mob LP dropping. it'll be cool to order a Rev new release. I can't even remember when the last one of those was.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

I stopped buying these when the Chain came out on clear and the Quicksand on red. Just too much. I wonder if they'll eventually repress some of the real heavy hitters like GB or Judge?

Handsome Pete said...

I somehow missed the TITR repress. Oops.

My interest has waned as they were coming out so often after the other.

I'm convinced The Rival Mob record is never coming out.

Nico said...

GB maybe, but if they repress Judge, I am sure it will that discography LP and not BID.

I am only selectively interested in REV represses. So as long as the keep pressing that Quicksand 7", I will be buying it.

I did pick up that COS on white and that Side By Side on red, since I sold my old copies along the way.

Anonymous said...

If you can afford to do this, why not! Respect for your dedication to REV collecting... But don't understand why you got the DTN Unbreakable on Black though?

mcs said...

The DTN LP is on purple, not black.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I figured that out now. How much I dislike people looking only at the photo's and not reading what I wrote. And obviously now I did it with your post myself. Normally I always read what you wrote though, every single post...

Across Your Face said...

Yeah I need to quit fucking around and get that Chain on clear before it is all gone.