Monday 20 June 2011

Roses Never Fade - The Man They Want To Hang 7"

Somewhere around about 2007, I ordered a 7" by a band called Roses Never Fade. The only reason I had heard of the 7" is because at the time I (like most people) used myspace, and one day Dwid from Integrity posted up about another band he was in having some new 7" available to order. That was about as much information as I needed at the time, so I placed an order. At some point further into the future (could have been weeks, could have been months - I forget), I got a refund. No word of an explanation. But at least I got my money back. Needless to say (although I'm going to!), I never received the record. But until A389 put the album out at the start of this year, I probably didn't care, seeing as I had never heard the band and didn't realise what I was missing.

Once I got the album, however, I realised that Roses Never Fade was indeed good stuff, so naturally I wanted the 7"... although with there being only 100 copies in existance, it was not going to be an easy find. But thankfully I managed to track one down.

As I have mentioned before, this band is one of my current obsessions. I don't want to talk about the music because I don't know what I can say other than "I like it, you should check it out", but I've said that before twice already. So for now, I just want to show you the record itself, because it is a well crafted item. Entitled 'The Man They Want To Hang', there are only 100 of these things (hand numbered, of course), and each comes with a small noose attached to the dust sleeve by means of a wax seal.

Looks good huh?

There are 4 songs on here. One made it onto the 12" that A389 put out. The other three are exclusive to this 7"... although they were tagged onto the end of the album for the CD version released by Neuropa Recordings. So I guess they were exclusive to the vinyl format via this 7". Also, for the record, I would just like to say that the final song doesn't really fit with the rest of the band's output. It's longer, is not acoustic and sounds a lot heavier. To me it sounds like Isis with Dwid yelling over the top. I'm not sure why I am telling you this. You probably don't have the song, don't care, and even if you do then you're going to disagree with me because that's the kind of stubborn ass that you are.

No comments: