Wednesday 8 June 2011

Integrity Flexi Test Press

Yesterday I posted about the Integrity flexi disc. Today I'm back on the same subject with the fifth version of this record - the test press.

Yep, every record needs a test press, and flexi discs are no exception. The test for the Integrity flexi is a plain blue flexi which is only distinct from the other blue version by the fact that it has blank 'labels'.

It also comes in a sleeve. The sleeves for the regular flexis are card, but the sleeve for the test is a 'two bit' affair, consisting of a piece of clear acetate on top of a piece of blue card. It's also numbered out of 7 copies.

As stupid as it sounds, the biggest dilemma in my life when I received this was whether I should store it in the black bag with the other versions, or keep it elsewhere. I thought about this long and hard for all of two minutes before concluding that no, putting it in the bag would not be the correct thing to do. So instead I chucked it on the floor with the rest of the stuff I have bought in the last 6 months. At some point in the near future I hope to find a spare couple of hours to tidy up, so that I can walk around my spare room without stepping on records... although I seem to recall saying the same thing about 6 months ago and here I still am getting slowly buried in plastic & cardboard.

No comments: