Thursday 16 June 2011

Integrity 'Detonate Worlds Plague' 12" Test

Last year Integrity dropped their first album in years, the aptly named 'The Blackest Curse', on hardcore super label Deathwish Inc. As far as I can tell sat here in my remote corner of the world, it went down pretty well with idiots the world over, and helped further build interest in the band that seems to have been steadily increasing over the past three years or so. Deathwish is a pretty big label in hardcore terms with good distribution, so I'm sure they shifted a fair few copies of that record. It's just a shame though they still didn't get around to putting together my suggested 'blackest' pressing on black vinyl with black labels in a plain black sleeve. Ha!

Anyhow, knowing how well received that album was last year, the latest release seems to me to be a relatively low key affair. It seems that not a lot of people are aware that there is a new Integrity 12" which is now available for purchase. I therefore think that people need to sit up and take notice.

Me, I still didn't get around to ordering the regular version(s) of this thing yet. But I did manage to acquire a test press because I'm a sneaky fucker like that sometimes. I believe that there are 20 of these things out there in a screen printed sleeve:

This record is entitled 'Detonate Worlds Plague +6'. That's because the first song on it is called 'Detonate Worlds Plague', and there are then six other songs on it after that one. And if you buy the CD version (which is only $6.66), it also contains all the songs from all of the 7"s that have come out in the past couple of years as well plus it has a 30 minute interview, which is really interesting.

Now, pay attention, because I am going to say this only once - this is the best Integrity record of the past 15 years. Seriously. If you ever listened to and enjoyed Integrity then I would advise you to give this record a chance. You won't be sorry.

The only thing left to do is give you the magic code. So here it is:


http://www.holyterror.com/store/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, if they'd just get into a proper studio and make a recording that didn't sound like it was recorded in a toilet using pots and pans for drums it would be a solid record. Still a good record though.

Anonymous said...

I am so upset about the production on this new Integrity record that I actually might delete all of the 128 kbps mp3s that I just downloaded for free at www.toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com!

nickFiction said...

I am a frequent visitor to this site. And first I'd like to extend thanks to the reviewer for always writing honest and heartfelt reviews. As a fan of Integrity, and friend of the band. I think it must be explained to commenters that the production on this cd is intentional . Integ have made many " big " studio albums. this time around they deliberately recorded this cd to sound more harsh or raw, with even a more " punk " feel. So give it another listen. the energy and power is still there, it's just missing that shiny production. on purpose!

mcs said...

Hey Nick, thanks for the kind comments.

Just to clarify, these aren't supposed to be reviews though. This is simply an online diary of records I buy. Granted, I do talk crap about them, which may sometimes sound like a review, but that's only because I feel that I need to say something rather than just post up pictures.

Secondly, I can't believe anyone thinks the recording ruins the new Integrity record. I guess I find it weird. I mean, as you say, it sounds kinda more 'punk'. But it's not like the recording is unlistenable. It's not even bad. It's just not as polished as previous records from many years ago when there was a 'big' label behind the band. I dunno. I guess people will just always find something to moan about!