Saturday 24 March 2018

The Beast

A new Arms Race 7" - 'The Beast EP' - dropped a few weeks ago. I saw it announced somewhere or other and read that there were only 100 copies on white vinyl, so figured I would jump on it right away.

As seems to be increasingly the case with UK hardcore records these days, there was a UK pressing and also a US pressing. I opted for the UK pressing for price and speed reasons, so this one came from La Vida Es Un Mus Discos. It has a label stamp on the inner sleeve which is kinda cool... but which also makes the inner sleeve irreplacable if it ever gets damaged.

The US pressing is on Painkiller Records and also comes on white vinyl. Probably I'd have ordered a US copy too if it had come on a different colour. But two white copies on two different labels feels unneccessary, which is good as I have a lot of other stuff to pay for at the moment.

This one feels like a bit of a step up from their last release. Not sure why I'm saying that, but it just sounds bigger and harder to me. Not that I know what I'm talking about of course.

1 comment:

Handsome Pete said...

I picked up the Painkiller version. I'm loving this record. I enjoy everything they've done, but this one does sound bigger. I've been really impressed by everything coming out of the UK the past few years.