Sunday 18 March 2018

Never Wash Away

Last year my friend Kyle sent me a test press of 7" of his old band, The Damage Done. I'd never heard them before, despite the band having been active many years ago when I was much more up on what was going on in the world of hardcore. But after giving it a whole bunch of listens, and enjoying it, I knew I would have to try to pick up more records at some point. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was trying to work out a trade with some dude, and I noticed he had a couple of The Damage Done 7"s, so I asked for them and he agreed to send them to me.

The 7"s are two variations of the same release - the 'Never Wash Away' 7", which came out on Western Front Records. First up is the record release version:

This one came out in 2002. I said it before, but at this point I was pretty out of touch with hardcore due to throwing myself into studying in order to try to get a job that paid well, so that I could afford to buy multiple copies of every record ever made. Haha!

I also got a copy in the regular sleeve on yellow vinyl. No idea what the pressing info is on this, so don't know if yellow is the rarer or more common colour.

This one also comes on blue vinyl, so it'd be nice to pick up one of those at some point. But after checking Kyle's blog, there are a lot of variants that I could go after. This could be a long game...

2 comments:

Nico said...

I am going to play this one again. Haven't listened to this post-2005.

geoff said...

the cover always bothered me because it really looked like it was beat up and worn away. that had to bet the effect they wanted but i like my record nice and clean looking. like nico, i havent listened to it in ages.