Sunday 24 July 2016

Jug

My interest in records, and in particular Revelation represses, fell off a cliff recently. But sometimes when you go off track, you can get pulled back unexpectedly. And so it was with this yellow vinyl repress of 'Bringin' It Down'.

When I first saw it I was disappointed that it had been made at all. I mean, back in 2001 I bought what I was told was the 'final press' of this record. Then a few months ago Rev delivered a 25 year anniversary edition, which I could forgive as it was, in theory, a one off. But another repress on another colour just felt like a line had been crossed. I wasn't excited by it, and wasn't too fussed about picking one up. But then two things happened - firstly, a photo of a transition copy appeared on instagram and then, more importantly, it suddenly sold out. It turns out that only 252 copies were pressed, and I guess the numbers of people buying two copies in the hope of finding another transition copy had ensured it sold double quick. I then did what any self-respecting Rev collector would do - I panicked, and started searching frantically for one . Thankfully I was able to find one for sale via another online retailer, so I grabbed one while I still could.

A few people have been saying that this new yellow pressing is too close to the 2001 'final press', although I don't really see it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a red one also now...

Anonymous said...

will make a good gradient: red - orange - yellow

Anonymous said...

It still is to close to that other pressing imo. Rev should've went with a whole other color instead.

Henk de Vries