Monday 11 June 2012

Unholy Majesty

What a depressing day today was. It's mid June, yet it was freezing cold and it rained all day. I went to work and, as usual, got frustrated by other people. By about 10:30 I was walking around with clenched fists trying to avoid talking to people and wanting to go home to chill out before I exploded.

It's days like this that bands like UNHOLY MAJESTY are for. Hailing from the arse end of England, these dudes had a 7" come out on A389 Records three or four months ago which, like an idiot, I missed (the clear vinyl copies sold out fast, so I sulked in a corner and didn't bother buying a black one because that wouldn't have been good enough). But I did download the songs and listened to it many times. Mainly when I was feeling like I wanted to punch something or someone. Which seemed to be pretty much every day. Then one day I decided that I wanted to own the record so I emailed vocalist Daniel and asked if he could help me out with a clear vinyl copy. Dude came through with flying colours.

Here's the regular version that you can still buy from the A389 Store. I love the picture on the front cover.

I was also lucky enough to get a clear vinyl copy. But not just an ordinary clear vinyl copy. This one comes in a special sleeve and is known as the Fiend press. Looks incredible.

And as if that wasn't enough I also manage to scrounge a test press.

So glad I made the effort to pick these things up. I seem to play these three songs pretty much every day. Really helps get through a day of having to deal with morons. Don't know what else to say really. If you like Integrity, Rot In Hell or are desperately looking for the soundtrack to kicking your co-workers down the stairs, then you seriously need to check this 7" out.

1 comment:

LiG said...

Damn, that Fiend Press looks great.