Wednesday 27 June 2012

Highly Refined Pirates

Minus The Bear. I used to listen to this band a lot and then just stopped. Not sure why exactly. Although, if I think about it, it probably had something to do with the fact that their fourth album just had THE worst cover art of all time. Put me off wanting to listen to it at all. Funny how artwork plays such an important role for me, yet I imagine that for the average young music fan in 2012 it is probably completely irrelevent. Anyway, after owning the first album, 'Highly Refined Pirates', for something like 8 years, I finally picked up a first press colour vinyl copy. And only ten years after it originally came out.

I love stuff like this for this time of year. Perfect to listen to in the summer sun. If only we actually had some sun this year!

No comments: