Sunday 25 April 2010

Sixteen Records for a Rainy Weekend

It's not often I get packages like this anymore:

This package contained sixteen LPs from a dude who was/is selling a collection. These records are mainly from the late 80s & early 90s, and were owned by someone from an era when records were actually PLAYED, so the condition isn't so good on a lot of them. Still, they were priced quite fairly, so I can overlook the condition, but no doubt I will want to replace some with better condition copies at some point because that's the kind of idiot I am. I'm going to run through them in alphabetical order...

Billingsgate 'No Apologies' LP. Picked this for a friend:


By The Grace of God 'Perspective' LP. I got this on blue when it came out. Nice to now have the girl's version too.

Cro-Mags 'Best Wishes' LP:


Cro-Mags 'Alpha & Omega' LP:

Down By Law 'All Scratched Up' double LP. I used to love this band, but never heard this one:

Face Value 'Coming Of Age' LP. This one is a spare if anyone wants it:

Gwar's first LP, 'Hell-o'. Used to own this one years ago but sold it.

Mighty Mighty Bosstones 12", which I wanted for the cover of 'Enter Sandman':

One Step Ahead LP, which I picked up for a friend. Such a great, and yet unknown, record:

Rocket From The Crypt 'Hot Charity' LP:

A Snuff 12" of one of their early 7"s. I used to love this band. One of the first bands I ever listened to.

Snuff 'Flibbidydibbydob' 12", which I never owned before. Only ever had a taped copy on cassette back in 1991.

Snuff 'That's Fine' 12" EP. I picked this up because I thought I traded mine away 10-12 years ago, but it turns out I still have it.

Spermbirds 'Something To Prove' LP. I picked this up because it has the song 'Americans Are Cool'. I never heard any other Spermbirds songs before, but I'm really into this LP. Probably the best of the lot in this post.

Suicidal Tendencies 'Join The Army' LP. Again I used to own this years ago & sold it.


This copy comes with a giant poster, which I didn't have with my previous copy:

Tad '8 Way Santa' LP. This copy is on Sub Pop Europe. The story with this LP is that the cover was banned. Apparently the couple on the cover objected to their image being used, so subsequent versions has a completely different cover... but only for the CD. As far as I am aware, all vinyl copies have this cover.

Not a bad haul for a Saturday morning huh?

7 comments:

Alternate 1995 said...

lot of black here. I'm proud of you.

p.s. bane in red or brown?

Anonymous said...

that by the grace of god 12" is actually pretty hard to come by. im pretty sure theres only 80 pressed. -geoff

Carlos said...

Marcus do you know what the other pressing were for the BTGOG record? Also anymore pressing info on the rocket record?
thanx
c

TreTillDeath said...

One Step Ahead is awesome. Always liked that band, and NO ONE (in caps) has ever given a shit.

mcs said...

Carlos - I have only ever heard of the BTGOG LP on blue and pink. Not sure I believe that there are only 80 on pink, since most Victory releases of that era were pressed in quantities of 500. But pink and blue is all there is (aside from black of course).

Tre - surely that's no-one except you and me, and we're not no-one goddamnit! Well, at least you're not.

AndyVegan said...

i'm interested in that face value lp if you still have it. feel free to email me at vegandeathsquad1979@gmail.com
-Andy

jhulud said...

Nice haul dude!