Wednesday 18 March 2020

Turning Japanese

I've probably said it a hundred times before, but there are some records that you just can't not pick up again and again no matter how many copies you have in your collection. And at least this time, I know I'm not alone in this, because 'Start Today' is one of those records for a lot of people.

That said, it's somehow almost 5 years since I last picked up a copy. That last one was the glow in the dark vinyl version. How on earth was that 5 years? Jesus. Anyway, the latest one is a black vinyl copy with an obi strip, made at the end of last year for Disk Union (a Japanese record store).

To qualify as a proper Japanese pressing, it also contains a lyric sheet which has been translated into japanese. Or maybe it's just a load of random japanese words. I mean, let's be honest, nobody would ever know the difference.

I also like how the back of the obi strip almost completely blends in with the back cover. You'd be forgiven for not being able to spot it at all.

What's interesting for me to think about is whether this is actually the first black vinyl copy of this on Revelation that I have ever owned. I'm not sure. The first copy of this album I ever owned was the black vinyl We Bite pressing, but I can't remember if I ditched that one in favour of a black Rev pressing or a blue We Bite pressing. Unusually for me, I can't remember. So let's just say that this might well be the first black vinyl Rev copy that I have ever owned.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I wasn't really interested in owning one of these...until I saw you had one.

Nico said...

No blue vinyl, that one looks pretty sweet.