Wednesday 4 March 2020

Able Baker Fox 'Visions'

Back at the end of 2011 I picked up a test press of the first Able Baker Fox LP. Back then I didn't even own a regular pressing of the LP. In fact, I still don't. But recently I also picked up a test press of the second LP that came out in 2017 on No Sleep Records.

I'm guessing that not many people (if any) who read this would know who this band is. It features Nathan Ellis (vocals in The Casket Lottery & bass in Coalesce) and three members of Small Brown Bike. Musically the band is not a million miles away from The Casket Lottery I would say. I remember listening to the first LP a lot when I got it, but its been a few years since I have listened to this band at all. As soon as this record started playing, I had a big smile on my face. It's a bit like seeing an old friend I haven't seen for years.

The front cover is blank except for a stamp with all the necessary information. The small text reads 'careful the test press you're about to enjoy is extremely rare and limited'

The record itself comes in a paper sleeve that tells you all about test pressings... in 4 different languages. Useful information to have.

Just like the first LP, I don't own a regular pressing of this record either. Just the test press. I really need to fix this at some point. Somehow it just doesn't seem quite right.

No comments: