Tuesday 18 February 2020

Silence Lies

There are some records that I don't set ot to collect, but over time the collection just happens. Case in point, the Voicebox 7". I owned a blue vinyl copy and a an orange vinyl copy for years and years. I would have been ok with owning just one copy of most records back then, but kept doubles if I had no idea which was first press or rarest. So I kept both. Then in 2008 I picked up a test press for a pretty good price. Then a green vinyl copy followed in 2012, although I wasn't overly happy with it as it was a very pale green that didn't look too dissimilar to the blue copy I already had. Five years later, in 2017, I then picked up another different blue vinyl copy because it was cheap. You see where I'm going with this right?

So last year I got the chance to pick up the color that was 'missing' from my collection, the clear vinyl copy. For some reason this one seems harder to come across than the other colours. At least, that's how it felt to me.

The seller had one of the most insane collections of this record I have ever seen, with a LOT of copies on varying shades. So I decided to also buy another green vinyl copy that looked to be way more green than my copy that I wasn't overly impressed with.

I previously posted a picture of my two blue copies together, and was going to post a new picture of the two green copies together. But then I decided to post all four to show the full colour spectrum of the blues and greens.

So of course, there was only one way I was going to end this post. This final pic shows my entire collection, which I'm now done with. No more blues, greens or any other colour from this point on. I'm done here.

2 comments:

geoff said...

the clear vinyl never pops up, took me years to find one. the orange/red vinyl i think is the second most difficult to find. your transition from blue to green is perfect.

Jeff said...

The seller is definitely more than a little insane that’s for sure