Saturday 8 February 2020

SDK x RFTCC

I'm now catching up with some of the records that came out in 2019. I figured I'd start with another Integrity record, which is a split 12" with a band called Bleach Everything. The title of this record is simply 'SDK x RFTCC'. Sounds like a very cryptic title, but in reality it's just an abbreviation for what the record contains.

The Integrity side ('SDK') contains some Septic Death cover songs. In the past, Integrity have released two 7"s containing Septic Death covers - one on Blood Book records in 1995 (later repressed by Victory Records in 1997), and another in 2009. These records were informally referred to as 'Septic Death Karaoke' (SDK) and 'SDK2'. This 12" compiles all 4 songs previously released on those two 7"s, plus one extra.

The Bleach Everything side contains Rocket From The Crypt covers (RFTCC). I was never really into RFTC, although I am familiar with one of the songs on here, which is probably their most well known song, 'On A Rope'.

This record was released on Dark Operative Records and comes on 3 colours of vinyl. I currently only have the clear but will no doubt track down the others at some point.

As usual for an Integrity release, I also picked up a test press from Dwid with a hand drawn sleeve. I like this one a lot. The cover is a close up of part of the cover of the regular cover (above).

But after I had picked up this test press, I also saw pictures of a test press in a different cover which looked really nice. So I ended up picking up one of those too. This cover was made by Dom, is a rip off of a Septic Death record cover, and is numbered out of 10 copies.

I really, really didn't want to get into collecting test press variants, but in this case I totally couldn't help myself. I'm sure you can see why though. I mean, they both look great, right?

No comments: