Sunday 9 February 2020

9

I make no secret of the fact that I'm a huge Saves The Day fan. I've always liked them, and unlike a lot of people I enjoy the new records as much as the older ones (the only real exception is the 'grapefruit' record from 2013). But when another album was released in 2018, I was still interested, despite the previous one having been a let down. The ninth album, titled simply '9', was released at the end of October 2018, although I wasn't really aware of it until January 2019. So at the start of last year I downloaded it, enjoyed it pretty much immediately, and then set out to buy a vinyl copy.

There were about 5 different versions of this record, but in the end I went with the pink vinyl, which is the most limited colour. I do love pink vinyl, but I nearly went with the white vinyl instead as it seemed a more appropriate choice.

I posted a Saves The Day record on instagram last year, and someone commented that this record was 'unlistenable'. I couldn't agree less. This is a great record, and sits well alongside the post 2003 albums 'Sound The Alarm', 'Under The Boards' and 'Daybreak'. This is definitely worth a listen if you like any of those records. And if you don't, what the hell is wrong with you?

No comments: