Sunday 26 January 2020

Another Let Down

The next in the series of 7"s that I found recently that I bought these a couple of years ago, put in a box and lost sight of...

There are some records that it is almost impossible to turn down owning more copies of, should the opportunity present itself. One such record for me is the Let Down 'Crossed Off' 7". It was released back in 2005 by Dead By 23 Records, and at the time it seemed quite difficult to get hold of. But as the years have rolled on, a few copies have come into my possession. These latest two are probably my favourite two copies of this record that I have in my collection.

The first copy is on pink vinyl, and sealed within vellum envelope that has with a DB23 logo on the front.

This copy is number 9/23.

The second copy is exactly the same, except is on clear vinyl instead of pink.

This copy is numbered 15/23.

I'm not sure if they are both part of the same run of 23 copies, or whether there were 46 copies packaged like this, with 23 on pink vinyl and 23 on clear vinyl. I would guess the former. I doubt there would be as many as 46 of these. Either way though, these look great.

I counted up and I now have 13 copies of this 7", which seems a lot, but I looked on discogs and there are way more that I don't have. It's insane. Some are numbered out of only 2 copies. There are even 4 different versions of the test press. It's insane. But every time I think i am done with this record, another copy seems to rear its head. Realistically though, I think I'm done with this one apart from a test press, which I still hope to pick up at some point.

No comments: