Friday 15 November 2019

This Test This Year

I managed to pick up another Rev test recently. Like a lot of Rev releases, this one has a special place in my heart. Rev 97 - The Movielife 'This Time Next Year' LP. This one came out at the end of the year 2000. I bought it immediately as I had previously enjoyed the 7" that Initial Records (RIP) had put out. And I definitely remember being excited for this coming out as I have always enjoyed songs you can really sing along to.

This record really helped me in mid 2001 though, when I went through a tough break up with someone. Back then I was with this chick that I seriously thought that I would marry. But it didn't work out and she left me unexpectedly. There were two records that helped me through the toughest time, and this was one of them. So I have always loved it for helping me get through. Incidentally, I saw her for the first time in years in 2012 and it turned out I'd had a lucky escape as she had developed a huge arse.

Well, this marks the seventh copy of this record I own, and because I have a bit of time on my hands at the moment, I figured I would bust them all out for a snap.

The end.

2 comments:

Joel_Youngblood said...

Great pick up and great album!

Ralf said...

Awesome.