Sunday 4 August 2019

Freewill Demo

I really love the Freewill LP. The mysterious, unreleased Wishingwell Records release that existed only as a test press for 28 years until New Age Records finally pressed it to wax to give it an official release. A melodic hardcore classic, but sadly the only record that the band put out. Well, until a couple of years ago, when the demo was put to vinyl by Mankind Records.

Last year I picked up the blue vinyl copy at RevHQ, but they were out of the more limited red. Fortunately the dude who released it works there, and he told me he had a few left. So I said I'd get in touch when I got home and we'd figure it out. I think we worked out a deal and I paid within about three weeks of getting home, but it then took months for me to get the records. Not that I was particularly in a hurry or anything.

The red vinyl is the more limited colour, out of 200 copies.

And of course, in the discussion about it, I asked about the possibility of buying a test press, which led to me buying a test press. Funny how things work sometimes eh?

So here's the set of three, which nicely makes a complete collection.

1 comment:

Nico said...

I really enjoy this demo. The mix between early and later Dag Nasty is perfect here.