Monday 22 July 2019

The Aborted

Almost five years ago I paid more than I had ever paid for an aborted press copy of the Warzone 7".. I featured it on here, but that was kinda cheating as I never really intended to own it. I had bought it to trade to someone else, so it was in my possession for only a few days. It was (is) stupidly rare, and I genuinely never thought I would ever own a copy for myself. Heck, I wasn't even too bothered about not owning one as it was too rare (and too expensive) for my blood.

Well, time flies and things change, and by some miracle I somehow now have one of my own.

For those of you unfamiliar with this one, this is what the Rev discography has to say about it:

There was 41 copies of the initial pressing that come with white paper labels rather than blue and have the 'Warzone' logo on the sleeve colored in with orange magic marker. Besides the normal lyric sheet, a number of the first press come with one of two fold out inserts that have a photo of a band member on either side.

This copy does indeed come with a big fold out insert that has pics of the band members, as well as a 'standard' insert. Just like the last copy I picked up, there is a lot of folded paper going on here:

The other copy I picked up contained a Warzone sticker, but alas this copy does not have one. But hey, you can't have it all I guess.

So that's the 7th copy of this 7" that I now own, yet still there are a few versions I don't have. I doubt I'll add any more copies of this one as the ones I don't have are rare and expensive and I am not that fussed about owning them. But then again, that's what I used to think about this one, so who knows?

1 comment:

geoff said...

this has to be one of the top 5 rev records people dream to own.