Monday 22 April 2019

North Atlantic

When I picked up the Remission LP from React!, I also decided to pick up the other release that they put out at the same time, the For Pete's Sake 'North Atlantic' 12". I was into the first record, but had just assumed that the band had called it quits after the singer, Peter Amdam, passed away a couple of years ago. So it was a surprise to see a new record available to order.

I have enjoyed this 12". It's quite rare for hardcore bands to release 12" EPs rather than LPs, but I think in this case the format works well as the songs are a little longer than the average 2 minute hardcore banger.

I can't imagine how tough it must have been to have written and recorded songs after your bandmate and friend passes away. So as expected, this record is full of raw emotion. I'm looking forward to seeing if they continue, and what the next chapter holds...

No comments: