Friday 19 April 2019

Little Acts Of Destruction

The next installment of my 2018 releases catch up is the Red Hare 'Little Acts Of Destruction' LP. This was released by Dischord records and, when it was first announced, there was talk of a limited clear vinyl pressing. Usually when Dischord press something on colour vinyl, they do the entire pressing on colour. But rumours suggested that there were only going to be 200 on clear, with the majority being on black vinyl. Well anyway, in typical fashion, I managed to miss out on the clear as it sold fast at pre-order stage. But several months later I managed to get one:

I remember ALMOST getting one of these on the first day I landed in the States last Summer. Checking the internet in the morning in Boston, someone had posted a link to some online shirt selling site that also had clear vinyl copies of this record if you bought a shirt. So I placed an order and felt relieved that I managed to grab a copy after Dischord had apparently sold out. Unfortunately, however, a couple of hours later my order got refunded as the item was out of stock. Disappointment set in and I once again kicked myself for not being quicker with the pre-order.

A few months later I made an enquiry that resulted in being offered this for a really good price. The old advice of 'if you don't ask, you don't get' came in useful once again.

Interestingly, when I listened to this I was at first disappointed. It's definitely not as much of an instant attention grabber as the first LP. However, perseverance is key, and with each listen this has grown on me. At the end of 2018 I would have placed this near the bottom of the releases for the year, but at this point I'd put it much closer to the top spot. I think all of my favourite LPs over the years have taken time to grow, and this is the same. And, as you can see, it looks the part too. The artwork and the clear vinyl really do look great together.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Holy shit! You got one! Congrats...that is a big score.