Saturday 13 April 2019

Alone... Again

Almost two months ago Alone In A Crowd played a one off show. Everyone reading this is probably already aware. It was a benefit show for guitarist Howie, who has a tumour that has had a huge negative effect on his life. It's kinda difficult for me reading the story knowing how crazy the US healthcare system is. If anyone had the same condition in the UK they would get a free operation on the NHS (National Health Service), funded by the taxpayer. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the US, but the healthcare system seems like a bit of a fail.

Anyway, I don't want to get political, but due to the need to pay for Howie's healthcare, Alone In A Crowd decided to play for the first time in 30 years. And one way of making some money was to press a limited 7" for the show. I couldn't go to the show, but had a friend that did who kindly picked one up for me.

There were 200 copies on a dark red vinyl with stamped labels. I got number 106/200.

After the show some additional copies surfaced numbered out of 29 and 36 copies. These came in a sleeve with the wrong date. Kinda cool, but I'm happy with this one. I really like that it was bought at the show for me. And I didn't even ask for one.

As I stared making this post I decided to watch the show on youtube. I didn't intend to watch the whole thing, as it was over an hour long, but I ended up doing so. There was a lot of talking between songs, and the energy in the room when the songs were on was really good to see. Kinda made me wish I had made the effort to travel. Looked like a really great night, and I would guess that it probably won't happen again.

No comments: