Thursday 28 September 2017

On A Mission

In my box that went missing in the mail last year (that I never stop going on about) I had test pressings of all three Capital LPs. Fuck my life. I'd bought all three when the label put them up for sale for a benefit to help the family of Robert McAllister, guitarist from the band who sadly passed away last year. When I realised my copies had been lost, I went right back to the store to see if it were possible to buy them again. I figured it was a good cause, so didn't mind parting with the money for a second time. To my surprise, all three test pressings were still available in the store, so I checked out again and was stoked. Unfortunately, however, the next day I got an email from the label to tell me that two of the tests were no longer available. But on the positive side, this meant that one of three WAS still available, which was better than none.

'Homefront' is the band's second and probably most successful / well known album. It was released on vinyl by Underground Communiqué Records, under license from Revelation (who released this on CD). I'm not sure why Rev didn't put this out on vinyl themselves, although it's probably a good thing as this came out in 2007, when Rev were using the European pressing plant and putting out releases on horrible splatter colors.

I always liked the cover for this record. The test itself comes in only a paper dust sleeve, and has plain black labels, so putting it next to the regular cover makes for a much more interesting picture, I'm sure you'll agree.

No comments: