Sunday 3 September 2017

Falsetto Keeps Time

God only knows why, but recently I decided to pick up a grey vinyl Promise Ring 7". Actually, I think it's because last year I saw a lot of people post Promise Ring LP reissues, and it put me into a phase of listening to them again for a while. Back in 96/97, this band was super hot and they blew up bigtime for good reason. A couple of years later and they kinda ran out of steam, but everything up to the third LP is untouchable. And twenty years later, the first half of their output still sounds great. So when I saw this 7" for sale on a colour I didn't have for a cheap price, I figured I would grab it.

I already have this record, but just not this colour. I bought two different colour vinyl copies from the label when this came out and now, 21 years later, I'm adding this grey vinyl second press copy to the collection. And wouldn't you know it, there's another second press vinyl colour to go after too just in case I need something else to chase one day...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a very early press of this record that the cover says Falsetto Keeps Time but the vinyl label says Falsetto Rings True. I bought it whe. It came out, but have never figured out if there was a small run of misprints or what the deal is? Any idea?

mcs said...

I hadn't heard of this previously, Steven, but I just checked and it's a known variation listed on discogs. There are two copies for sale as I type this. Seems it sells for circa $10-15. It does sound pretty cool though, I have to say.