Sunday 11 June 2017

Soul Structure

It was two years ago that I first saw and heard Higher Power play live, supporting BURN in London. They were pretty good, and I picked up their debut 7" as a result. A week or two ago their debut LP came out, and man, it's a good one. Released by Flat Spot Records in the States, and Venn Records in the UK, 'Soul Structure' comes in a sleeve that makes it look kinda like a mid 90s grunge record.

My copy is the clear with orange haze vinyl from Venn Records in the UK. I think there were 300 of these made.

Musically this reminds me a lot of the second Leeway LP. It's hard but also has a real groove going on. I have played this once or twice every day for the past couple of weeks, and no sign of it getting boring yet. This one will surely be the sound of summer 2017, mark my words.

2 comments:

chris said...

I don't know why I never ordered this. I remember getting an email about it but I guess I forgot about it. Might have to redeem myself somehow.

Mike said...

Goddamn it. Just ordered the UK pressing, since the US splatter vinyl looked like shit. Worth the extra money to not have the vinyl look decent.