Monday 29 May 2017

We Will Never Forget Who Our Friends Are

This year has been a tough one so far for sure. At the start of January, news emerged that Dave Franklin (vocalist for NJ band Vision) had passed away. Even though I never met Dave or saw Vision play, it felt like a sad day, and the ripples were obvious all the way over the pond. Dave and Vision were a critical part of the NJ scene, having been a part of it since the 80s. The tributes were many, and pretty quickly a benefit show was set up to take place at the start of April.

A few days before the show, SEARCH posted some pics on their facebook page of a limited cover for their 7" that they would be selling at the event. The choice was perfect - a rip off of the classic Vision 7" 'Undiscovered'. More perfectly still, the record inside the sleeve was to be a second press Search 7" on green vinyl, which would match the limited green vinyl pressing of the original Vision 7". Sounded cool. The only problem was that I wasn't going to go, and this thing was obviously going to sell out quick.

Fortunately I managed to find someone who had one to trade, and I had something he was after too. I guess you could say that it worked out perfectly. I received this record in the mail a couple of days ago, and I have to say it's every bit as cool as I thought it would be.

The limited sleeve wraps around a copy of the regular sleeve. There's also a SEARCH sticker thrown in.

The back cover:

Printed inside the front cover is this touching message:

The best way to appreciate the attention to detail here is to compare it to the original Vision 7". So here are some photos that do just that.

Not much else I can say really. A great version of a great record, and I feel very lucky to have it. I know I say that a lot, but this time it's especially true.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad that you got your hands on one!