Friday 26 May 2017

One Year Later

The second post I made on this blog last year was the white vinyl copy of the 2nd Magic Circle LP, 'Journey Blind'. In the post, I said this:

Hopefully it won’t be too long until I receive the blue, but for now, I only have the white one.

Little could I have known at that point in time that my blue vinyl copy would go missing in the mail, along with a shitload of other records. A year later, however, I finally got around to replacing the lost copy.

It's funny how excited I was for this LP when it came out, but how quickly I got bored of it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a good record. But whilst I played the first album for months, this one lasted maybe two before I moved onto something else. But hey, this one looks better though, especially on this cool clear blue, and we all know that's what counts these days. Right?

3 comments:

Mark-Sandwell said...

Dude this record still rules.

Mike said...

You ordered the white vinyl a year ago, and blue copy got lost in the mail. Then even though you aren't terribly excited about the record, you still took the time and money to track down and buy the blue vinyl again. Makes sense, I guess.

mcs said...

Well, Mike, we all know that record collecting doesn't make sense. In this case I think part of it is me wanting to replace the stuff i lost. But also, I picked this up because I saw it for sale cheap. And because when I originally bought two copies, the blue was the one I wanted most. It looks much nicer than the white.