Tuesday 2 May 2017

Breakin' Out

I travelled up to Leeds on Saturday for day one of Outbreak fest 2017. I had originally intended to go up for the whole weekend, but after Turning Point pulled out I decided that I would miss the Sunday and save some money. However, my plan was foiled by some cunning humans who decided to sell records.

First up is the new Insist 7". I'd heard of Insist before, but actually had no idea they were from the UK. When they took to the stage I was really impressed. Every band before them had been similar sounding, but Insist immediately stood out for me, with a more typically youth crew look and sound. I then found out that they are a straight edge band who have just had a 7" put out by React! Records. And, luckily for me, they had a release version of their new 7" for sale. Numbered out of only 50 copies, 'Here And Now' is another great record by a UK band released by a US label. Good stuff!

Then, as if that wasn't enough, it turned out that Fury had a tour press of their LP for sale. Now, I'd only heard Fury a week before the show, as I downloaded their LP in order to check them out before seeing them live. And I will admit that I played it about 5 or 6 times and was getting into it. So it was a no brainer that I was going to grab a copy of the LP. The tour press has a stamped dust sleeve and comes on pink vinyl. It looks pretty cool. But then again, most pink records do.

So that was all I bought at the venue. Nobody else had any records that were exclusive to the show. But I did manage to buy a few more bits on the day. More of that next time...

3 comments:

Mike said...

Nice score on both of these!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I am being too sceptical in not wanting to check this Fury record out... But since you only did it recently also I might as well join in.

Vinylcollector75 said...

Did you order the insist bundle on deathwish.inc???