Tuesday 18 April 2017

Step Aside

There's nothing I love more than buying variants of older records in my collection that I don't own for cheap. Here's a classic example from 2003:

Our Turn were a band from San Francisco, active in the early 00's. The only reason I heard of them was that they had a 7" released by Youngblood Records. I used to order everything that Youngblood released, and at some point when the Our Turn 7" came out Sean told me that he had some copies of their first 7" too. So of course I bought one. It came on black vinyl. A couple of years later Aram sold his collection and I got the gold vinyl copy of the first 7" in a limited sleeve. And now, 13 or so years later I'm picking up the same 7" again, but the 'gold vinyl in regular sleeve' version.

Do I need a third copy of this 7"? Probably not. In fact, I'm not sure I even needed a second copy. But if you offer me these things for cheap, I'm probably gonna bite.

No comments: