Tuesday 20 December 2016

A Goddamn Anthem About Man

My recent Sub Pop pickups pushed my attention back on to the label and got me to wanting more of their coloured discs with big holes. So I started scratching my head trying to think of other Sub Pop releases that I already own for which there were additional pressings that I didn't own, so that I could buy more copies and experience the same excitement I did when I first bought them. In the end I decided against spending ten grand trying to collect copies of Nirvana's 'Bleach' and instead went for this five dollar blue vinyl copy of the Fuckers 7".

This band was some balaclava clad 'mystery' band that somehow everyone knew was actually members of Seaweed. They released this 7" on Sub Pop and also another on Merge and that was it. Musically they sounded a little bit like The Dwarves but not quite as good.

I've had this 7" on green vinyl for years, and I also have a test press that I bought cheap on eBay back in 2010. So given that I don't have much to say about this one I figured I'd end this post in the same way as the others in this recent Sub Pop series by throwing up a pic of the three together. A little bit like this:

No comments: