Tuesday 13 October 2015

I'll Still Be Here

At the end of 2013 Done Dying appeared on the scene. With two 7"s released almost simultaneously on two separate labels, there seemed to be a lot of attention on them. And rightly so. With Dan O'Mahoney on vocals with Mike Hartsfield on guitar, the band promised a lot, and (in my opinion at least) delivered. Good stuff. Well, earlier this year the band got around to recording their debut full length, 'We Dream Or We Die'. It was released by the newly revived Workshed Records on two colours of vinyl, blue and grey, limited to 250 copies each.

Earlier in the year, before the album was out, the label sold off the test pressings. I was pretty quick on the draw to make sure I got one, especially as I had missed the tests of the Irish Voodoo 7" when they were sold a couple of years back.

The test looks pretty good in a handmade sleeve with handwritten labels. Mine is numbered 11/20.

I've been listening to this a lot the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if I like it as much as the two 7"s yet, but I'm sure I'll figure that out eventually. But it's certainly a good record and anyone who likes the trademark Dan O growl is gonna enjoy it. Dude has never done wrong in my book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to admit, the Done Dying LP on gray looks awesome all together.

geoff said...

the test cover is great looking, the regular one is too crusty looking. especially for a dan O album.

Anonymous said...

You mean 'Crusty' as Crust the musical genre, geoff? I don't get it... Because it's black and white maybe? Would be a cooler cover if in colored ink maybe yes.