Thursday 11 June 2015

Living With A Wants List

It's funny, because I have had some things on my wants list for YEARS without really ever seriously chasing them. I guess I use my wants list more of a reminder list of things to look out for, although if I'm honest half of the things on there I'm pretty much indifferent about. Plus I'm old and don't really spend time actively chasing things that I want. Instead, I adopt a patient approach. I just wait for a copy to be come available at the right price, and sometimes this takes a long time to happen. As a result, some stuff stays on my want list for a long time. And here's a prime example...

Harvest released their 'Living With A God Complex' LP way back in 1997. I didn't manage to get a colour vinyl copy back then and have only now, 18 years later, managed to get around to picking one up for the first time. Pretty much the dictionary definition of 'patience' I'm sure you will agree.

There were two colours of this thing. As you can see, I managed to get the more common colour, which is clear orange.

This copy here is in particularly great shape, and includes the giant fold out poster, which has a very 90s feel about it.

The other colour that exists is grey vinyl, with hand numbered labels out of 50 copies. Assuming it takes the same amount of time for me to find one as it did this copy, I should have one in time for my 58th birthday. Now there's a sobering thought...

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, waiting 18 years for a copy of a record.. That's dedication to patience!

Jeff said...

I love this band and this record! Fantastic score! I, too, only ended up getting the red and grey versions in the past couple of years. They can be quite difficult to track down..