Sunday 18 January 2015

Mindset Sunday

So last Sunday I got off my arse and went to a show. It's not often I can be bothered these days, but the line up was looking too good to ignore. Check the flyer:

The show was pretty cool. I was hesitant at first as I was sick with the flu and had pretty much lost my voice, and also I was worried that I would feel old. But it turned out pretty cool. A decent spread of ages, and I saw a few people I knew to chat to, plus I met a couple of people I'd never met before, including Ev from React! Records. All in all a good day. And of course, there were records on sale...

The first record that I picked up was the debut 7" from Arms Race, which is a newish UK band featuring dudes from other bands. The blue wax had sold out, so I grabbed the black copy.

I wish I could tell you what this sounds like, but I've had a busy week and not had the chance to listen to it yet.

I also found a second press, pink vinyl copy of the debut LP by The Flex. I missed this last year when it came out. I think the band's three week US tour with Violent Reaction probably helped build the hype.

The only other thing I grabbed was this green vinyl Integrity 'VValpurgisnacht' 7".

This was the third variant of the fifth pressing that I was missing. Here are the three together - green, glow in the dark and clear.

The only disappointment of the night was that Praise didn't have the tour copies of their LP left. But they were awesome live. Their LP is still in heavy rotation and I'm really glad that I made the effort to go see them despite feeling like shit.

No comments: