Friday 31 October 2014

Drop Dead

Just over a year ago I saw Mind Eraser play live. One of the songs from their set that night was a cover of the song 'Drop Dead' by Siege. I remember talking to Mark about it that night, and saying that I had never heard Siege. Well, a few weeks later I remembered and downloaded some songs, and then about ten months later I decided to buy a record. I grabbed this grey vinyl LP for less than $10.

I think that this 12" reissue (of a CD) may be the only official version of these songs. The songs were pressed on a 7" way back when, but apparently it wasn't an official release... although that doesn't seem to stop people paying big money for it.

I can see why people have always talked this band up. They're in the same vein as Infest, although came before them and are cited as being influential by some pretty big bands. I can see why. It seems crazy to think that these songs were recorded back in 1984 and thirty years later I'm listening to them for the first time. But that's part of the fun of music I guess.

No idea what the pressing info is for this LP. My copy is grey vinyl in a grey sleeve, and I've also seen gold vinyl in a gold sleeve. Not sure which came first or which is rarest, but both look pretty cool. I just went for this one because it was cheap.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Siege is a band that I've heard about for years, but for one reason or another, I've never bothered to check out. I guess I'll have to download this tonight. If it is good enough for you and Sandwell, it must be worth a listen.

Mark-Sandwell said...

Hell I forgot all about them playing that.

Doug W said...

Their self released cassette was the only official release. Proving once again tapes rule.