Friday 25 July 2014

Same Shit. Different Day.

In October last year I went to see The Rival Mob play in London. In twenty something years, it was one of the best shows I have been to. The amount of energy in the room was off the scale. It was a great reminder of why I still love this crap. The only bad thing was that they didn't have the records they were supposed to have. Apparently they had ordered a repress of 'Raw Life' and there were supposed to be 200 copies for their UK weekend jaunt... but there was some kind of mess up and they only got the black vinyl copies before they left the States. Well, that's what Doug Free told me anyway. This of course meant that I had to find a yellow copy online... which I finally did.

They very subtly changed the color of the 'Raw Life' text on the cover from red to orange. I love stuff like this. It's good attention to detail and let's you know which pressing you got... which is obvious if you have a colour vinyl copy, but otherwise wouldn't be if you had black.

I guess people have short term memories and forget about bands if they haven't brought a new record out for a few months. I assume that's how I was able to score this copy for a reasonable price.

Finally... I didn't film this, but here's a link to the show I went to where these should have been for sale. Worth it for the first two songs, which are insane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Rival Mob was totally über-hyped! Admit it...