Monday 10 March 2014

Alone In A Crowd

It's been a long time since I bought anything from React! Records, other than the outstanding Mindset 'Leave No Doubt' LP last year. I started following the label from the first release and picked up multiple versions of the first 14 releases, up to and including the Give 7". Then I stopped. I'm not sure why exactly. I know that at some point the distro moved from Aram to Hellfish and it seemed that they sucked ass at sending out records. Plus their website didn't divulge what colors of vinyl you were buying. And there were a couple of releases that I was distinctly unstoked by. So I lost touch with React records and gave up.

Well, until now. I decided to check out some of their current bands lately online and was pretty impressed with Caught In A Crowd, so I decided to buy a copy of the 7". Obviously the rarest versions of the record were gone, but at this point I'm not too fussed. I can pick them up later. But for now, this white vinyl copy will do me nicely.

This 7" rules. I generally don't like listening to music until I have the physical record in my possession, so I've only been listening to this for a few days, but I can't stop. 4 short songs + 1 long one = 1 awesome EP. Now, someone sell me the other colours and the first 7" on clear and I'll be happy.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Look, in the battle between SOA and CIAC, SOA is going to win every time. So why is it that I'm more stoked about this CIAC post? Nice job checking out a current band.

Handsome Pete said...

This is definitely one of my favorite current releases. React! has been putting out a lot of great stuff lately.