Thursday 18 April 2013

I Bet On A Rainbow

Back in September last year I picked up the latest Dinosaur Jr LP, 'I Bet On Sky' on purple vinyl. Two things happened in the months that followed. First is that they pressed up another colour as a tour press. When I saw a picture I decided that I had to have one. Initially they seemed to be impossible to get hold of for less than $45-50, but after waiting a few weeks I managed to get one for a bit less.

It's a clear record with blue, red and yellow splatter marks in it. I'm not usually a big fan of splatter vinyl, but that's because 99% of the splatter vinyl is manufactured on the horrible cheap looking euro vinyl. This, however, is pressed on top quality US vinyl and therefore looks great.

The second thing that happened was when I received this I then realised that the purple copy I have is a UK pressing, and that there is also a purple vinyl US pressing, which is on a different colour purple and on a different record label. Which of course means that I now need one of those. Balls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This colorway makes me happy!

geoff said...

ive always loved rainbow splatter. the eyeball 12" on rainbow splatter is so good looking. i bought it because of that.

Mike said...

Like you, I've had an aversion to splatter vinyl, but recently I've picked up a couple of pieces and found myself saying, "Hey, this isn't so bad!". This rainbow splatter looks nice!