Thursday 27 December 2012

Termini Terrae

It's been quite some time since I posted a ROT IN HELL record on here. Exactly one year, in fact. To the day. They used to crank out records pretty regularly, but then two members left and things went quiet. I was starting to wonder whether they had reached the end of the road, but fortunately they are back from the dead. What happened? Well, I don't really know the detail, but basically a foreign vocalist was recruited & things didn't seem to work out, so a local lad named Lecky (or 'electricity' if you're in Liverpool) ended up stepping in to fill the void. And there's probably someone else playing bass now too.

Well, as soon as the band was up and running again, there was a recording obligation to fulfill. A 7" for some label called Dark Empire Records. Yes, that's right - Dark Empire. Dwid's label from the early 90s.

I think I got lucky when the pre-orders opened. I must have been online quite soon after they went up, because I got in early enough to get a test press. Not sure who it is on the front. Some dippy tart.

The regular press looks far more badass. There were two colours available for pre-order - blue and white. Both out of 100 copies, and both now sold out.

My white record has a cool bluey purpley splotch on each side.

The cover is a tri-fold affair, and the artwork is pretty damn crucial, as usual.

If anyone was worried that the vocalist leaving would make the band sound very different, then you need worry no more. I imagine that anyone who didn't know the band changed singer wouldn't realise after listening to this. Musically this is also spot on. The intro to side b is fantastic stuff. I was expecting an acoustic song but it quickly upped the pace into a full on aural assault. I just need the mp3s now so I can listen to this some place other than sat on the floor in my spare room.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was also a RED version. And that test was lower priced than I expected it to be...

Dicko said...

My white copy has the same blue smudge too, so i'm guessing its not that unique!
Its also not sold out, Blue, white, red, black and the test press all still available in the Darkempire store.

mcs said...

Nope. Blue, white and the test press are sold out.

Dicko said...

My bad, didn't click on the records.
Test press still available from the RIH store though...

Anonymous said...

"electricity" hahaha