Saturday 13 October 2012

Give & No Tolerance Tour 12"s

So I went to see Give & No Tolerance last weekend. I managed to miss Violent Reaction, which I was bummed about, but both Give & No Tolerance were great. I was expecting to be way more into Give before the show, but in the end it was No Tolerance that blew me away the most. It's bands like these that remind me exactly why I love this stuff.

I wasn't expecting there to be any records for sale, but each band had a 12" available compiling their previous 7" releases.

First, here's the Give 12". This is called 'Singles Going Confetti' and compiles their 7"s released to date onto one handy pizza size disc.

My copy comes with a nice little flyer for the 2012 tour, which is a nice souvenir.

If you want one of these for yourself, you can buy direct from Assault Records.

Next is the No Tolerance 12". This contains both the demo songs and the 'No Remorse, No Tolerance' 7" that Youngblood released but with re-recorded vocals, and there's also an extra song. There are only 100 of these on green, and this comes in what is the most glossy sleeve that I have ever seen. As I sit here now, I'm thinking that I should have bought ten of these things so I could flip them and retire. Unfortunately, I didn't. Ah well.

The green vinyl looks a bit boring, but when you hold it to the light it looks a bit more interesting.

It also comes with an interesting insert. I particularly like the 'forever and always' list.

This was released by Quality Control Records. I'm guessing that the green will have sold out on tour, but I don't know for sure. But I do have a friend who bought one of these & is looking to sell it. If you want it, get in touch with me & I will give you his details. I'm sure he'll give it up for a good offer. (EDIT - Now Sold! Sorry!)

Finally, I'm ending this post with a two minute video I shot of No Tolerance at the show I went to. I found them inspiring. Enjoy...

3 comments:

J@screamingforrecords said...

Both those records look great. Wish I'd gone to this show now. Might have to try and pick up one of those Give records to make up for it and just pretend like I went.

Across Your Face said...

DAMN I am jealous of that NT record. That's going to be way out of my league on Ebay.

Mike said...

I had no idea that there was a No Tolerance 12 inch! I'm going to need that.