Monday 30 July 2012

ISIS 'Oceanic' Clear

I never set out to collect ISIS records. I mean, I like the band an' all, but I was happy enough with one copy of each record at the time when each record came out. But especially in the later years of the band's existence, they sent record collecting into new territory, whereupon each release got reissued time and time again on many different colours of vinyl. The original pressings of each record weren't TOO bad, with probably an average of three colours each. But then the re-pressings started coming, and I just completely lost track of where it got to, especially as most were done on horrible splattery vinyl which I hate. Ugh.

Still, as far as I'm concerned, the original pressings on the original labels on good old US vinyl are still cool, and I am always tempted when they pop up for sale. As such I couldn't resist this clear vinyl copy of 'Oceanic' on Escape Artist Records.

I think this is second press. I already have both first press green colours. There are also two third press colours on this label, then a whole host of reissue colours that came years later. For once though, I don't want any more than what I already have. I'm done here.

No comments: