Tuesday 27 December 2011

Rot Integrity Hell

As I recall, the Integrity / Rot In Hell split 2x7" went up for pre-order way back in February 2010. I remember seeing the pre-order announced and the same day going to place an order, but the limited colour had already sold out. So I decided not to bother ordering at all. I then sat back and watched as months passed & many people grumbled and complained about the delays. I guess it didn't bother me too much as I hadn't lost any money. Anyway, finally a month or so ago, these things finally started shipping out, about 21 months after the pre-orders were taken. Once I knew the record had actually made it into existence, I decided to get on the case. First up I went to the label's website and ordered the more common colour, and was pleasantly surprised to have it arrive in the mail the next day. Pretty good service. I almost felt guilty for getting such great service when a lot of people had obviously received the opposite.

The common colour is a blue / green swirl. My copy came with a couple of stickers.

The cool thing about this is that the sleeve contains an illustrated booklet. Or rather, the sleeve is part illustrated booklet. Looks really good. Illustrated by Dwid.

Next I grabbed a copy of the white vinyl from Dwid himself. White is the band colour out of 100. The first pic shows the gatefold sleeve folded out:

And finally, I was fortunate enough to get a test press. I got this one from Dwid. He sold a small number of copies (maybe 5?) with specially made hand painted covers. Mine features one of the characters from the illustrated booklet.

The label who released this, Thirty Days Of Night Records, are now also selling five test press packs in their online store, but their copies are without sleeves. Cheaper though. Definitely worth investigating if you like both bands and collect tests.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's totally sold out now, only those tests TDON is selling are still available...

jhulud said...

I ended up getting the white copies from Dwid as well. Very please with it. I was like you...didn't bother with preorders from TDON.

Anonymous said...

you're missing the black copy.

Anonymous said...

Why the fuck does Dwid think he's an artist these days, he draws like a retarded 12 year old, I mean seriously, who actually likes this? I can understand some death metal kid thinking its cool cause it "evil" or "insane maaan'" but come on, how can you still have respect for yourself and admit to liking this nonsense?

Mark-Sandwell said...

I originally missed out on a black copy but some went back on sale a while ago so I grabbed one then. I'm awaiting a test press myself , then I'll have the set.

mcs said...

I know I'm missing the black vinyl. It sold out in a couple of hours & I missed it.

Anonymous people need to take life a little less seriously.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so this is all meant to be a joke, I see, I get it now, hahahahahahaha... so funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

i just can't get over how Dwid can think he is an artist! these drawings are just not good! I do not like them! You should not like them because I do not like them! He doesnt even color in the lines! I am very angry that this book exists with his so called artwork! I am serious! Dwid draws worse than a retarded 12 year old!

Anonymous said...

I am really pissed! Dwids drawings do not even look real people! whooooooooo scary drawings! i am scared of these scary drawings!!!! Dwid is scaring me with his retarded scary drawings! This is just nonsense! i am going to keep posting until you idiots believe my opinion!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaahahhaa Dwid can not draw! His drawings look like death metal shit!

Anonymous said...

Fucking hell Mr anonymous!
Aside from giving anonymous posters a bad name, it is you that is looking like the retard here!
Bored over the holidays perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Dwid took 2 years to do the artwork for this i feel sorry for the goddamn label! Anyway this split is awesome!