Wednesday 7 December 2011

Pushead's Revenge

In a first for nerdy multi tasking, I have just posted up on Vinyl Noize about this 7" and decided I would feature it on this blog at exactly the same time. I call this duel blogging - one subject published on two blogs simultaneously. This either makes me pretty cool or extremely sad. I'm just not sure which.

So despite being straight edge for 17 years, I can also get down with some sludgey stoner rock from time to time. To be honest, I mainly listened to this stuff in the late 90s when hardcore was all over the place and all kinds of weird sounding bands were being released by 'hardcore' labels of the day. But as a result I found myself listening to some bands that sounded like Black Sabbath with sketchy vocals, and I still rock some of this stuff from time to time. Cavity were one of my favourites of this genre. I guess Pushead liked them too because he released a 7" of them, which I had my want list for ages pretty much only because it was released by Pushead and therefore comes in nice packaging. But isn't that the point of record collecting anyway? There are probably at least three versions of this thing, and I'm guessing this is the most common one, but it's still cool. The 'Fiesta Grande' version of the Cavity 7". This one is on orange vinyl in an acetate sleeve. Minimal, but still a nice looking record.

3 comments:

Mike said...

You are a blog master!

Gavin said...

By deviously linking from your post here to Vinyl Noize and then back again, you have created an infinite loop between the two where the elderly and easily confused could get stuck for hours. Blog vortex!

Anonymous said...

I love Cavity and I have absolutely no idea how I got into them!
Its almost as if a Cavity 7" just appeared in my collection and the rest is history...