Tuesday 29 November 2011

One Up on Blue

Once again proving I am at least 5 years out of date, here's a blue vinyl 7" by One Up. I really liked this band. When I had been out of touch with hardcore for a couple of years I got given a CD called 'Locked & Loaded' which had a few current bands on (this was circa 2003/4 I think), and I loved the One Up song. I then tracked down their 7"s. And I'm still picking up variations today when I spot them for cheap. They had a couple of 7"s on Bottled Up Records, so you know there are a lot of variants out there! This was their third and final 7", released by Broken Glass Records, and it features a Texas Is The Reason cover on the flipside. It's actually a really great cover, and I think it's kinda cool that a dirty hardcore band like this would choose to play a cover of a band that is very different to their own sound. Keeps things interesting and really makes this 7" worth owning.

I think blue vinyl was the more limited colour of this 7". There were also some on green vinyl... and I actually have a spare copy that I have put up in my store if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I love this record, and the TITR cover is really well done. Makes me think of latter day Turning Point.

Hop said...

Saw them a couple of times, thought they were real goo live. Remember them doing a pretty much perfect cover of 'Behind This Wall' at Posi Numbers (03 or 04?)