Tuesday 22 November 2011

Bold RevHQ Order

I finally got around to ordering the latest piece of Revelation vinyl a couple of weeks ago, the BOLD discography. In all honesty Bold are probably my least favourite classic Rev band. The LP I can listen to, but the 7" these days I find awful. I can't listen to it. But obviously a new piece of Rev vinyl on the scene I'm down. This discography is pressed as a double LP. When I first took the vinyl out of the sleeve I thought I had been sent a black vinyl copy, but it turns out that the red vinyl record I was holding is just super dark unless you put it to the light. Good to see that the vinyl colours are closely matched to the cover art, which is always a nice touch.

As usual, when I placed the order I thought that it would be a waste for someone to pack me up one record and mail it all the way from California. So I had a browse around the RevHQ online store and found a few other bits to pad out the mailer. First up was the latest Revelation re-pressing - a red vinyl copy of the second Shai Hulud LP. I bought the clear vinyl first pressing of this when it came out in 2003 and I'm not even sure I have ever listened to it.

I also picked up the recent vinyl pressing of the Harkonen 'Shake Harder Boy' LP. This one came out in 2002 on Hydrahead, which was at a point in time when vinyl was not so popular, so it was only issued on CD. Thankfully someone has seen sense to correct this mistake nine years later, which is a good thing as this is a great album.

I also noticed that Rev had a couple of the recent Black Flag 7" colour vinyl reissues in stock. There were 4 of 7"s repressed on colour recently, and the addition of these two means I now only have one left to get.

I also took the opportunity to pick up a copy of the Converge / Drop Dead Split 7" that came out a while ago. There are an almost infinite number of variations of this one. I'm just happy with the one - a very dark green with black streaks through it.

And finally, another recent Dischord reissue on colour wax. This time it's the Egg Hunt 7". One of the weirdest but also coolest covers of all time. Anyone know the story behind the picture on the front cover?

2 comments:

jhulud said...

I've been dragging my feet on picking up the Shai Hulud repress. I know, I know...some fan I am.

Mike said...

That Bold vinyl looks great! I'm going to have to pick that up soon.