Sunday 17 July 2011

Full Speed Ahead! (for the 11th time)

Believe it or not I bought my first copy of this 7" back when it came out circa '97 or '98. Thirteen or fourteen years later I am still picking up variants that I don't have. I probably pick up another one about once a year on average... although truth be told, I only had one version for the first 7 years. So trying to collect the lot is a fairly recent objective.

This is one of the four different colour sleeve variations of the third pressing. There were 100 each of a red sleeve, yellow sleeve, green sleeve and blue sleeve. They were made as a tribute to the Minor Threat 7". For some reason this yellow one seems to crop up least often. At least, that's how it seems to me, as this is the last one I needed to complete the third pressing set of four.

This is now my 11th version of this 7" and there are still two variants that I am missing (one being the 'Rain Crew' version of 15 copies that I will clearly never own).

And who knows, maybe this post will serve as a reminder to Mike to get back to picking up ROTP 7"s again. Dude seems to have a short attention span sometimes ;o)

6 comments:

Mike said...

You find 'em, I'll buy 'em.

Doug W said...

I will never understand you two's attraction to this band. I checked the fuck out after the gawd awful Body Bag ep!

Handsome Pete said...

What are the numbers on this record, all presses. I have a few copies, but don't really know where they fall on the press timeline.

Now that I think about it I might have a few Body Bag EPs as well.

mcs said...

Doug - quite how you can describe the Body Bag 7" as gawd awful escapes me. Fact - this band saved my interest in hardcore back in '98 or so. The whole thing was going places I didn't like. I connected with this band so much. More than Floorpunch. They seemed more intelligent to me. Love 'em.

Peter - pressing info goes something like this...

1st Press - Blue cover
44 in DC sleeve
97 on green vinyl (numbered inner sleeve)
200 Blue vinyl (numbered dust sleeve)
??? black vinyl

2nd Press - Red cover
100 White vinyl (numbered dust sleeve)
900 Red vinyl
??? Clear vinyl (no idea, but RARE)

3rd Press - Different sleeves
100 Green sleeve, light yellow vinyl
100 Red sleeve, black vinyl
100 Blue sleeve, dark yellow vinyl
100 Yellow sleeve, black vinyl

There were also 15 copies called the 'Rain Crew' edition which are on clear vinyl & numbered on the dyst sleeve with hand written 'Rain Crew'. I don't think they even come in a proper sleeve, just a white dust sleeve. Not sure though. And not sure if they were 1st or 2nd press or what.


PS I typed all this from memory.

Handsome Pete said...

Excellent. Thank you for the information. I will go through my records and see what I have.

Mike said...

Doug, while I wouldn't call Body Bag "gawd awful", I would say that Full Speed Ahead is 10 times better.