Tuesday 7 June 2011

Integrity Black Bag Set

Organized Crime records recently had some fun pressing up a flexi disc version of an old Integrity demo, which was originally recorded and released (presumably on cassette) waaaaay back in 1989. There was a black flexi in a black sleeve made for the A389 show in Baltimore, which I believe sold out very quickly. There were then clear vinyl and red vinyl versions sold online. And then a blue flexi somehow got out there too. So four versions were made. I managed to get two of them from the label's online store, but I never got around to posting them on here because life has been too hectic for the past couple of months and I am just behind. But in a way that's a good thing, because a post about two flexi discs would have been dull compared to this.

Recently I heard that there was a super limited set of the flexis packaged in a bag. I figured it would be impossible to get one. On this occasion, however, I was more than happy to be proven wrong. This thing is really cool and I am very lucky to have one. So here we go...

The cloth bag, with the skull logo on the front:

Inside there is one of each of the four flexi discs. I got bag number 13, so all four records contained within are number 13s.

It's interesting how each version is slightly different to the others. First up is the black one. This is the one that was sold at the A389 jamboree. Black vinyl in a black sleeve, numbered out of 65.

This one also came with instructions on how to play and care for your flexi disc. Very caring of the label to include this I thought!

(Click the image to enlarge & read)

Crazy to think that some kids might have never seen or owned a flexi disc before. I guess I must just be old to have bought these things when they were common 20+ years ago.

Clear is the most common version, numbered out of 150:

Red, like the black, is also numbered out of 65:

And finally, blue vinyl. This is the rarest version, being numbered out of 45. This one also has a different centre 'label' as you can see:

Oh yeah, and to add some weight, the bag also includes a plexiglass square with the skull logo on it. This looks really cool. It also helps add some stiffness to the bag so that the flexis won't just flop over or get bent.

So there you go. The Integrity black bag set. Making flexi discs acceptable in 2011.

(((Oh yeah, finally... I have one spare red and one spare clear. If you want them, get in touch. I will sell or trade to anyone who may be interested)))

4 comments:

Christopher Z said...

Such a great set.
Clint OCR has been killing it lately.

Did you get the No War/Peace box set?

Piesay said...

this is awesome, envyyyy

mcs said...

Christopher - I'd hate to spoil the surprise on the other box set. But by even saying that, I guess I just have.

Christopher Z said...

Oops.

I have seen other people posting it around so I figured a lot of people already know about it.